NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Unison Dream Home Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Unison Agreement Corp. (“Unison” or “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), Method Communications Inc., and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Eligible persons who participate in the Contest will be referred to as "Participant", "you" or "your" in these Rules.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Contest is Unison Agreement Corp., 650 California Street San Francisco, CA 94108. The Administrator of this Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
3. Contest Timing: The Contest begins on August 12, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on September 16, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the "Contest Period").
- How to Enter Via the Website: You may enter the Contest by visiting www.Unison.com/DreamHomeContest (“website”) and following the instructions to complete the online registration form and upload a maximum 60-second video ("Video") (colletively, "Entry"). The video should describe how your life would change if you could buy your dream home today. What does your dream home look like and how would it change your life? (You could speak it, dance it, rap it or act it.)
- How to Enter on Instagram: You may enter the Contest on your web-enabled mobile device via the Instagram application during the Contest Period by posting your Video with the hashtag #UnisonDreamHomeContest and tagging @myunison (collectively, the “Entry”) for your Entry to be eligible. To enter via Instagram, you must have an Instagram account and have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may create one by downloading the free Instagram app on a mobile device at either the Apple® App Store. Google® Play store or Windows® Marketplace. Once downloaded, you will be prompted to complete the on-screen registration form which is free.
- How to Enter on Twitter: You may enter the Contest on Twitter during the Contest Period by posting your Video with the hashtag #UnisonDreamHomeContest and tagging @unison (collectively, the “Entry”) for your Entry to be eligible. To enter via Twitter, you must have a Twitter account and have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”. If you do not have a Twitter account, you may create one by signing up for free at www.twitter.com.
There is no limit to the number of Entries you may submit provided that each Entry is unique.
5. Entry Requirements, Representations and Warranties:
You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to each Entry you submit: By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted. Sponsor may blur or black out infringing material, in their sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Participants and winner acknowledge and agree that their Entries become the property of the Sponsor, which thereby has the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, promote and otherwise use Entries in any way it sees fit. Instagram and Twitter are not affiliated with this Contest in any way and they are not responsible for the administration of the Contest or the awarding of the prizes. No endorsement or approval of this Contest by Instagram or Twitter is expressed or implied. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. Entries may be posted or reposted to the Sponsor’s website/Instagram/Twitter account, and may be posted on other non-affiliated websites, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules will be disqualified. In addition:
- Entry must be in English.
- Videos must not exceed 60 seconds.
- Entries must be created during the Contest Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on September 16, 2019.
- If there are any other people depicted in your video, they must have provided you with their consent for submission of the Entry. If the Entry depicts an individual who is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence (“Minor”), you must be the parent/legal guardian of the Minor.
- The Entry, or any portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not, and you represent and warrant that it will not, violate or infringe any third-party copyright (including copyrighted music), trademark, trade dress, logos or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or dead unless you have express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Participants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with the image or message of the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Entry must be your sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- Videos may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional videographer.
- Videos may not have content where there is a result in any injury or bodily harm.
- You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including any material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age and any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be rejected during the screening process.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, their agents or their products or other people, products or companies.
- Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by Participants’ online service may apply and are Participant's sole responsibility. If entering via a mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply and are Participant’s sole responsibility.
6. Judging: The Entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor-selected judges on or about September 20, 2019 to determine the Grand Prize and Runner-up winners. The Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria: Relevance to Home-Buying (50%); Compelling Story (20%); Personality (20%); and Video Quality (10%). The top Participant with the highest score from the judging panel will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. The Participants with the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth highest scores will be deemed Runner-up winners. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the judges based solely (100%) on: Personality to determine the winner.
7. Prizes: Grand Prize (1) A check in the amount of $25,000 which may be used towards a down payment on a home. Runner-Up Prizes (5): The Entries with the second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth highest scores, will receive a $2,000 gift card to one (1) of the following merchants of Participant’s choice: FarmGirl Flowers; The Container Store, Home Depot; TaskRabbit; or Purple Mattress. The total maximum value of all prizes is: $35,000. Certain restrictions and expiration dates may apply to gift cards.
No substitution or transfer of Grand Prize or Runner Up Prizes permitted except as specifically stated in these Official Rules and at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
8. Winner Notification: The potential winners will be notified via the method he/she used to enter as follows:
Potential winner(s) who entered via Instagram or Twitter will be initially notified by direct message on Instagram or Twitter and must respond to the direct message with the requested information within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined. Potential winner(s) who entered via the website will be notified via email. Potential winners will then be required to sign and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability and publicity release and assignment of rights (“Affidavit”), except where prohibited, within three (3) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to return the completed Affidavit within three (3) days, or if Affidavit is returned as undeliverable or if a potential winner is deemed ineligible, an alternate winner may be determined. Affidavit will be sent to potential winners via email. Once potential winners complete and return the required Affidavit and are deemed eligible, their prizes will be awarded. Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
9. General: Winners and all Participants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Method Communications Inc., Twitter Inc. Instagram Inc., FarmGirl Flowers Inc, Home Depot Product Authority, LLC, The Container Store Group, Inc, TaskRabbit, Purple Innovation, LLC, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes (“Claims”). Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, Entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Participant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram/Twitter account or email address associated with the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above. As a condition of entering the Contest, Participant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will Participant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
10. Disputes: Participant agrees that: (a) he/she releases and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and all any and all Claims; (b) Claims arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New Jersey, Morris County; (c) Participant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New Jersey for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (d) any and all Claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual damages of no more than $100, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (e) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participants or the Released Parties in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
12. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available after October 31, 2019, for a period of no more than 30 days, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Unison Dream Home Contest Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. MG), Melville, NY 11747.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram/Twitter. Instagram/Twitter are not involved in any way other than as the medium through which this Contest is conducted.